Today's Blog Prompt from "Story of My Life" is Things that make you uncomfortable (for those of you who dont know what this is Jenni from Story of my Life has a "every day in may" challenge where she challenges bloggers to blog about a specific topic everyday)
This prompt made me think about things I try not to think about (I guess thats the point if you are "uncomfortable" with something) but I think it's good to get it out!
• I don't like it when people lay "the guilt trip" on you. The one good thing about me is that I am impervious to "the guilt trip". I am also super blessed to have a Mom who has never ever guilted me into doing anything. To me if you have to "persuade" someone to do something or "make" them do something they really don't want to do then what is the point? Don't put me in that situation cause guuurl you're going down.
• I am thee most awkward person around children. I don't know what it is! I get really uncomfortable when parents just plop their kid on my lap or make me "watch them for a sec". Like, really, you're leaving ME in charge of your off spring?! What if I lose them?! What if they spontaneously combust or something?! If you're not immediately related to me by blood then please don't put me in that scenario.
• I hate cooking chicken. Poor bub, whenever I make chicken he either gets it one of 3 ways: so overcooked its rubbery, in a crock pot shredded to bits or a cutlet that has been "Dug apart in the middle" 50 times to make sure that it cooked all the way through.
• I don't know why but I am thee WORSE traveler. My stomach is in knots for days before, during, and after my trip. I get super uncomfortable on a plane or if I am not in control of a situation. I like to know when I will be eating or when I can have access to a bathroom or something, stupid things like that give me mini panic attacks ha.
• I get uncomfortable if I am on an elevator with a stranger. Sometimes I'll get off the elevator and wait for the next one just so that I am not alone with them. Maybe its the New Yorker in me but I really dislike it.
• So, like, 90% of the time I am a super social person. I love hanging out with people and making new friends. The rare 10% of the time where I sit in the corner and don't say a word is when I am at a party or in a room full of people who all know each other really well and I'm the "out cast". I find it hard to make conversation or be social with people who are all either related to one another or have been best friends since the womb. I mean it's not their fault that they are not included you in their conversation, it just happens. They all have so much to talk about and so many "OH! Remember when..." moments that you sometimes get unintentionally kicked to the curb. You can only talk about the weather, work or their kids for so long before the conversation gets dry. I would rather not be in these situations and just usually end up playing angry birds on my phone till its over.
• Today makes me uncomfortable. Today is the day I was driving down Northern Blvd. and saw my friend's honda civic across the street mangled and in 2 pieces. He lost his life today, and there I was just a few feet away from him not knowing if he was alive or dead. I have never lost anyone suddenly before, in the past if someone I knew passed away it was due to old age or an illness. Something like that changes you, and he will always be in my heart. I love you George RIP 5.3.05.
and ironically writing this blog post was also super uncomfortable ha! But its good to show you're human, or in my case a total whack job. We're still friends, right guys?