I have recently discovered something about myself: I am an interior design junkie. I get such a high out of nabbing a really cool design-y piece for my home. The Bubs is used to it by now, I promised him he could have an "airplane room" and a beer tap installed in our kitchen back splash. (Bub is in the airforce and loves airplanes, he has a huge collection of airplane shiz and well he needs to get it out of his system. Man cave to the rescue)
Since I am taking over about 90% of the house I am trying to find an aesthetic that works for both him and I. I mean, he is living in the house too why should it be covered in doilies and flowers, right?(disclaimer: I'm not a "doily" and "flower" lover, but a lot of people are and that's cool too!)
The solution I came up with is industrial vintage. He has old airplane parts that look pretty bad ass with my rotting camera collection. Here are some of my "swoonies" (Swoonies: see also, Swoon or something that makes me go all HOLY CRAP I NEED THAT.)
Payphone from Urban Outfitters. So this thing not only looks cool but my guests also have to give us money in order to use it? Win-win.
2. Wired Lamp. This sucker needs to be in my dining room. I'm going to eventually have an exposed brick accent wall to go with it as well.
3. Wired Napkin Holder. You know you're getting old when things like napkin holders make your "swoon" list.
4. Giant Clip Thing. I am unsure what I would do with said giant clip thing, but I feel like i need it.
5. Moroccan Backsplash. I want this design to be my kitchen backsplash. I wanted something clean and timeless that doesn't need to be updated in 5 years.
6. Half Moon Basket. I don't really know what I would put in this basket, but who cares. I'll find something even if its just toilet paper.
7. Utensil holder. Dear Utensil Holder: Let's start a beautiful friendship where you hold all the things that no longer fit in my drawers. These things are currently scattered across the counter like some kind of utensil crime scene.
8. DANG IT I DID IT AGAIN. My "product collages" are notorious for skipping numbers. *face palm*
9. Flower Bowl. Obviously my apples and peaches need a cute home to live in, they can't just stay on the shelf in my fridge with no purpose.
**these are not my photos, for where to purchase please click on the links above. These are my own opinions and not a paid post**
What are your favorite places to shop for home decor items?
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
we're holding our own interior design contest on instagram! Show us how you style your Yellow Heart Art pieces in your home, take a picture of it on instagram and tag @YellowHeartArt as well as the hashtag #YellowHeartArtHome. We will pick our faves to be displayed on our facebook page for our fans to pick their favorite! Winner gets their choice of Yellow Heart Art loot*! Ends July 18th, 2013-goodluck!
Giveaway opened to all US Residents who follow Yellow Heart Art on instagram. Winners choice of item limited to what is currently in stock and picked by yellow heart art.