I have returned from a crazy inspiring weekend. I had the amazing opportunity to attend Altitude Summit NYC this past thursday and the only word I have to describe it is "Wow".
Let's start with an awesome "slide show" from the conference, feel free to hum to yourself Greenday's "Time of Your Life" while flipping through these photos. (Psst all photos where sponsored by Atly!)
if there is a photo booth, and no bloggers take photos in it, does it still make a sound? (Answer: this is a trick question, bloggers will always take pictures in a photobooth)
carrie and me! To say she's the sweetest thing ever is an understatement
Ang and I woke up at 3:45am just to make it to Alt on time, pretty sure I am not even waking up that early on my own frekkin wedding day. (Sorry Bub...)
heeeeey sexy laaaaadddyyy (Oh, just Martha stopping by to say "waddup" to us Alt folks) (the conference was held at her head headquarters)
ha-uge girl crush on design sponge
swag on top of swag on top of SWAG. My elbows almost broke from carrying around all these things with me. Ya know what? Dislocated elbows are totally worth it.
uh-may-zing hayneedle display
Martha's team did a REDIC job preparing everything and making everything look like it came right out of one of her Magazines.
Here are some brief tidbits I learned while attending Alt:
• Branch out, but stay on the same tree
• Adapt to change
• Keep the baby daddy mama drama to a minimum, your readers don't care if someone else is copying you
• Don't be too "market-y" on twitter, its hard to gain back your followers trust once you sound like a robot or don't stay true to your self
• Create stuff "for fun" as well as for your business
• Sketch, try things, fail
• "No" is not a bad word, the people who you say "No" to is just as important as the people who you say "Yes" to.