Ever since I started Yellow Heart Art back in 2011 I have always had big dreams for that little shop o mine. Yellow Heart Art defines who I am as a person. I'm creative, I'm fun, I'm quirky...that little shop is my heart and soul. I pour all of me into that business. So when something like this happens I get really really really (really) happy
...WEST (GAAAH!) ELM
excuse me while I go scream at a volume that only dogs can hear.
Hey world...I'm comin for ya!
Tuesday, July 8, 2014
ok first of all, I don't know why I led with "ya'll" because I'm from long Island and no one says that here. ever. I'm not against it, I think it's fun to say. Maybe I'll make it a thing here.
Second of all, check out my calf muscle in my twirling pic. Zumba is giving me calves of steel which is kind of freaking me out, but I'm learning to embrace it.
Is it weird that I'm starting this blog talking about my calves and zumba and using sayings I've never used before? I am so rusty at this whole blog thing--I haven't blogged since last year (WHAT) so lemme use some bullet points telling you all the awesome things that have happened to me!
1. If you've been keeping up with me over on instagram and facebook you probably saw that some of my artwork popped up over on Lauren Conrad's website! I had designed some phone wallpaper graphics exclusively for all LC readers (say wuuut) it was such an amazing opportunity and I hope to see more yellow heart cameos over there.
2. I just got this new top from eshakti and I am so in love with it. They have a "custom size" section in their shop so I gave them my measurements and they sent me this beaut. I never had a top fit so perfectly before, I feel like I got something custom tailored. Ya know kind of like when Cinderella had those birds & rats make her dress or something (I think I'm messing up the plot here but you get my drift) (wait, that was her and not sleeping beauty right?) (no, that was definitely Cinderella) anyway in conclusion: it's sturdy, flattering and Bub approved. 2 thumbs up.
3. I have been dropping hints about a new division of Yellow Heart Art that I've been busy working on. I can't waaaaait to finally show you guys what it is! It's different from Yellow Heart Art but still has that quriky touch behind it.
4. I've opened up slots for custom doodle portraits! People have been using them for anniversary gifts, wedding guests books and engagement gifts. They make me happy to design. Like, really happy.
5. Bub and I finally celebrated our engagement a few weekends ago! So major blogger fail: I did not take ANY pictures of the decorations and I am so so so so so so so sad. We had it at a park and since there was no wait staff and cleaning crew Bub and I had to do some running around to make sure everything was timed perfectly. Since I was so engrossed with the food and all our guests I totally flaked out on the picture taking. But it's ok because I will stalk everyone's facebook for photos and hijack those.
6. Pinky promise I'll blog more.
Posted by Leonora at 8:00 AM